William Hill Sportsbook has been approved by the Indiana Gaming Commission to commence sports betting in partnership with Tropicana Evansville.
Tropicana Evansville launched a retail sportsbook under the William Hill brand in September 2019, located in the area that was formerly the 421 Lounge. Now, it is just a matter of time before William Hill mobile debuts in Indiana. Indiana Gaming officials have moved on an accelerated timeline since the new sports betting law was passed, and William Hill has experience launching online betting in other states.
In fact, we will be looking at what William Hill will offer in Indiana based on its operations in New Jersey. Both states have passed similar gaming laws and we anticipate few (if any) major differences once it goes live in Indiana.
William Hill Indiana should offer just as many betting options and features as can be found in the New Jersey version of its app. This will almost certainly include coverage of all the major North American sports, international events and in-play betting.
William Hill Indiana is owned and operated by one of the oldest companies in the business (est. 1934). The company is licensed in jurisdictions around the world and draws upon decades’ worth of experience to offer online betting in the USA.
- Holds an active Indiana Gaming Commission license
- Highly experienced sports betting operator
- Simple, intuitive mobile and website design
- Fast payouts
- Smaller than average welcome bonus
- Visit William Hill Online at: williamhill.com
- Mobile App Available for: iOS and Android devices
- Indiana Licensing Status: William Hill holds a sports betting license from the Indiana Gaming Commission
- Can I bet on Indiana college games at William Hill? William Hill offers college sports in other states and Indiana law does not restrict college wagers.
- Welcome Bonus Promo Code: Use the promo code WH50 when signing up for $50 in free wagers
- Who may bet online at William Hill? Indiana residents and visitors who are 21 or older are accepted
William Hill Indiana Bonuses
The law that authorizes sports betting in Indiana has set the state for a competitive sports betting industry with each casino allowed to launch up to three individual betting apps. Furthermore, a low tax rate and reasonable licensing fees are conducive to many operators setting up shop in Indiana.
What this means for Hoosiers is we will have plenty of options and betting sites will be working hard to earn our business.
If William Hill Indiana is anything like its New Jersey counterpart, we can expect a bonus that looks something like this:
Bet $50, Get $50 in Free Wagers
In New Jersey, William Hill offers a simple $50 free bet for all customers who sign up for an account and place at least $50 wagers. This same offer is also available to William Hill Nevada customers, so we anticipate something similar here in Indiana as well.
Follow these steps to claim your bonus:
- Visit the William Hill website or download the mobile app
- Sign up for an account and use the promo code WH50 when asked
- Make a deposit
- Place $50 worth of wagers
William Hill will add $50 in free wagers to your account within 14 days of completing these steps.
Claim your bonus today at: www.williamhill.com
William Hill’s sports betting promotions have traditionally been somewhat infrequent compared to other sportsbooks, but you can usually find something on offer related to the current sport of the season.
For example, a recent promotion held during the latest MLB season offered all customers a chance to earn a $10 bonus every week by placing at least $100 worth of in-play baseball wagers during a single week.
Other promotions offered in the past have offered customers money-back guarantees if their wagers just barely missed, partial refunds on parlays that barely miss, bonus money for hitting certain wagering goals during the week and more. The promotional output is starting to tick up as time goes on, it seems, to make William Hill a more attractive option amid an increasingly competitive landscape.
William Hill Indiana Mobile Betting App
William Hill US is no stranger to mobile betting with apps already up and running in Nevada and New Jersey. Additionally, William Hill as a company actually dates back to 1934 and offered online betting in the UK all throughout the early internet age. Launching a mobile sportsbook in Indiana will be almost trivial at this point.
The William Hill Indiana app will launch for iOS and Android devices. In other states, the Android edition for most sportsbooks has come first to be followed later by the iPhone edition due to the more stringent app approval process maintained by Apple.
Design-wise, William Hill has always defaulted to function over form. The app looks fine, but simplicity is clearly the first priority. Navigation between various sports leagues is managed by a drop-in sidebar menu activated by tapping the three-line menu button. Choosing a sport hides the menu and displays a full list of all open games for that sport.
Mobile App Screenshots:
Types of Wagers Available at William Hill
William Hill Indiana will provide a comprehensive sports betting experience. The Indiana Gaming Commission has already approved wagers on dozens of sports leagues from around the world, including pro and college sports.
In other states, William Hill online takes wagers on all the following sports and leagues:
|Auto Racing||Baseball (MLB and NCAA)||Basketball (NBA and NCAA)|
|Darts||Football (NFL and NCAA)||Golf|
|Hockey (NHL and NCAA)||Lacrosse||MMA|
|Summer Olympics||Winter Olympics||Rugby|
|Tennis||Track & Field|
Types of wagers will include straight bets placed before the game, point totals, in-play betting, futures, team props, player prop and season-long props.
The number of markets for each event comes up a little short compared to other licensed betting sites. William Hill covers all the basic types of wagers and usually offers an extensive variety of alternate lines, but there is not much by way of game props, team props or player props.
In-Play Betting with William Hill Mobile
The in-play betting interface at William Hill has undergone major improvements since we originally published this review. Since then, William Hill has added more in-play betting markets and significantly increased the amount of information it provides to users.
Now, William Hill provides a visual representation showing what’s happening on the field, running commentary and a variety of stats that all nicely complement live betting. William Hill’s formerly bare-bones in-play interface is now on par with the major operators in legal sports betting.
The one thing William Hill could still do to improve the in-play experience is add more markets for each game. Currently, the in-play betting options revolve mostly around the outcome of the game or next segment (such as inning totals in baseball, winner of the next set in tennis, etc.).
If William Hill gets around to adding extra short-term wagers such as the outcome of the next at-bat, next play drive or next set of free throws, it will have a very competitive in-play platform.
In-Play Betting Screenshots
William Hill Indiana Website
Indiana residents and visitors may visit the William Hill website at WilliamHill.com for an identical range of sports betting options and wager types accessible from any desktop.
Note that the William Hill Indiana website is not mobile friendly. Visiting the website from a mobile device will direct users to download the app.
For desktop users, William Hill is organized in a manner that will look familiar to anyone with prior sports betting experience. All sports are listed along the left column, available wagers are displayed in the middle of the page and a betting slip appears along the right side as wagers are selected.
William Hill Website Screenshots:
Judging from its operations in other states, William Hill Indiana will likely offer the following deposit methods:
- Debit and Credit Cards: William Hill accepts Visa and Mastercard for credit and debit card deposits. If your transaction is declined, it may be due to the fact that some major banks still block all deposits to legal betting sites. In that case, an ACH/eCheck deposit is the next best option.
- ACH/eCheck: Electronic bank transfers require nothing more than a checking account and your account number. Your William Hill Indiana account will be credited instantly, but it may take a couple days for the transaction to be posted in your bank account.
- Prepaid William Hill Card: You may order a free prepaid William Hill card online to make fast, instant deposits and withdrawals. You can fund your prepaid card with a credit card, debit card or bank transfer and make deposits entirely online while waiting for your physical William Hill card in the mail. The physical card may also be used anywhere Discover is accepted.
- In-Person Cash Deposits: In other states, customers may fund their accounts by visiting any land-based casino associated with William Hill. If this option is offered in Indiana, you will be able to bring cash to Tropicana Evansville to fund your William Hill account.