Tuesday Update: FanDuel is officially live in Indiana. Hoosier State residents may visit the FanDuel website today to download the mobile app or bet online.
FanDuel Sportsbook is preparing to launch mobile betting in Indiana on Tuesday, October 22nd.
Over the weekend, the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) authorized FanDuel parent company Betfair Interactive US to commence mobile sports betting beginning tomorrow.
The IGC authorization notice states “FanDuel has substantially demonstrated” that its mobile operations fully meet all state laws and Gaming Commission requirements related to sports betting.
This makes FanDuel the third mobile sportsbook to go live in Indiana. Rush Street Interactive was given the go-ahead to commence sports betting on October 3rd under the BetRivers brand and was followed hours later by the launch of DraftKings Indiana.
FanDuel Welcomes Hoosiers with a $500 Risk Free Bet
FanDuel Sportsbook debuts in Indiana with a $500 risk free bet for new customers. This is the same bonus offered to new customers in other states and indicates promos will play just as prominent a role in Indiana as elsewhere.
Here’s how the FanDuel sports betting bonus works:
- Sign up for a FanDuel Sportsbook account at sportsbook.fanduel.com
- Make a deposit and place your first sports wager with your own money
- If it wins, you keep your winnings as normal
- If it loses, FanDuel will refund the amount of your first wager with a free bet worth up to $500
- The free bet is issued as site credit; it cannot be withdrawn but any money you win with the free bet is yours to keep
What to Expect from FanDuel Indiana
Indiana’s sports betting law is fairly permissive with licensed sportsbooks authorized to offer pro, college and in-play betting. Therefore, FanDuel’s sports betting operations in other states likely serve as an accurate preview of what to expect starting tomorrow.
As for FanDuel itself, here’s what we can expect in Indiana:
- Mobile betting: Mobile apps will be available for iOS and Android users
- Online betting: FanDuel Sportsbook website will be open to mobile and desktop users alike
- Online registration permitted: Unlike some other states, Indiana does not require customers to register for an account in-person at a land-based casino; all registrations may be completed online from anywhere within state lines
- Age: All FanDuel users must be 21+ to sign up and bet on sports
- Location verification: State law requires FanDuel to ensure all customers are located within state lines at the time any wager is placed. Desktop, laptop and mobile users must have wifi access enabled so FanDuel is able to confidently determine the geographic location of every customer
- Deposit methods: FanDuel has confirmed its accepted deposit methods in Indiana will initially consist of Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, ACH transfer and prepaid FanDuel-branded debit card
FanDuel and Boyd Gaming Partnership Fully Realized in Indiana
FanDuel and Boyd Gaming formed a partnership in 2018 to coordinate on sports betting –operations in states where Boyd Gaming operates casinos.
The addition of mobile sports betting makes the FanDuel-Boyd partnership fully realized in Indiana with in-person and online betting available to customers across the state.