DraftKings Sportsbook is now live in Indiana for customers 21 and older. DraftKings.com received a sports betting license from the Indiana Gaming Commission in August 2019 and was given the green light to launch two months later.
DraftKings Sportsbooks offers mobile sports betting in Indiana under a license issue by the state gaming commission. The sportsbook at DraftKings offers pre-game wagers, in-play betting and a revolving lineup of promotions to go along with a new customer welcome bonus.
- Licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission
- Sports betting offered by a trusted name in online gaming
- Slick interface with extensive in-play betting options
- Generous deposit bonus
- Odds aren't always as generous as competing sportsbooks
We had long suspected a DraftKings Indiana announcement would come sooner or later due to state law being favorable for a competitive online betting landscape. With each casino allowed to operate in tandem with major providers such as DraftKings to launch up to three separate online sportsbooks, it was just a matter of time before the big names made their debut.
- Visit DraftKings Online at: www.draftkings.com
- Mobile App Available for: iOS and Android devices
- Indiana Licensing Status: Licensed
- Can I bet on Indiana college games at DraftKings? Indiana law allows wagers on all D1 college games.
- Who’s allowed to wager with DraftKings? If you’re 21 or older and located within state lines, you’re welcome to bet at DraftKings. You do not need to be a resident.
- Land-Based Casino Partner: Ameristar East Chicago
DraftKings Indiana Bonus
DraftKings launched in Indiana with a welcome bonus worth up to $500, a free bet worth up to $500 and a large lineup of other promotions.
20% Deposit Bonus up to $500
DraftKings Sportsbook welcomes all new Indiana customers with a 20% bonus worth up to $500. You can claim this bonus by signing up for an account and making a first time deposit of at least $5. In Return, DraftKings will add an extra 20% in bonus funds.
For example, a first deposit of $100 will get you $20 extra while a first deposit of $2,500 will get you $500 extra.
Any winnings from your bonus are released at a rate of $1 for every $25 wagered on sports. Only wagers placed at odds of -300 or greater count towards your playthrough requirements. For example, a wager placed at odds of -200 or +200 would count while a wager placed at odds of -500 would not. In other words, you won’t be able to clear this bonus by placing a bunch of extremely low-risk wagers.
DraftKings Indiana Promo Code
No promo code is necessary to claim this bonus.
Claim your bonus at: www.draftkings.com
Free Bet Worth up to $500
In addition to the deposit bonus, DraftKings also welcomes new customers with an offer to match your first wager with an additional free bet worth up to $500.
This offer is as simple as it sounds: DraftKings will match the first wager you place after signing up for an account with a free bet of equal value. The free bet itself is not withdrawable and will not be returned as a part of any winnings, but anything you win with the wager is yours to keep with no strings attached.
Logging in to DraftKings Sportsbook and visiting the promos tab will take you to a long list of short-term promotions offered for the various sports of the season and encouraging customers to try the site’s newest features.
The promotional lineup changes frequently, so understand that you will find different offers when you log in. However, we provide the following list of promotions that DraftKings had on offer at the time of this review as an example of the types of promos you can expect when you sign up.
- College Football Odds Boosts: College football was just kicking off at the time of this review and DraftKings celebrated the new season with eight days of odds boosts for select games. A random sampling of odds-boosted markets included: Jalen Hurts to win the Heisman boosted from +1400 to +2000, Hawaii and Miami both to win boosted from +1200 to +1800 and Michigan to win national title boosted from +1800 to +2500.
- Zeke Who?: Ezekiel Elliot was in the midst of a contract holdout at the start of the NFL season looking for more money from the Dallas Cowboys, so DraftKings offered all customers a chance to bet on Dallas to win the NFC East and receive a $5 free bet for every regular season game he missed due to his holdout.
- Free US Open Flash Bet: DraftKings offered all customers a chance to try the tennis flash bet markets during the latest US Open with a $10 refund (win or lose) on their first flash bet.
- CFB Halftime Insurance: If your college team blows a 14-point or greater lead at halftime, DraftKings will refund your wager with up to $25 in bonus money.
- MLF 5+ Run Insurance: If your MLB team scores 5+ runs and still loses, you’ll get your bet back with up to $25 in bonus funds.
- No Brainer Odds Boost: Celebrating the start of the NFL season, DraftKings offered an odds boost on Jets, Giants or Eagles to score a TD in Week 1 to +100.
- Colts Payback: In this promo, DraftKings matched all wagers derailed by the sudden retirement announcement from Andrew luck with an equal amount of bonus dollars. This included Colts to win the Super Bowl futures, Andrew Luck to win MVP and more.
- No Goal, No Problem: DraftKings held a season-long promo for the English Premier League recently that offered to refund your wager with a free bet worth up to $25 if the match ends 0-0.
- Sportsbook Missions: The Sportsbook Missions promo introduced missions such as winning a certain type of bet or reaching a certain milestone that, when completed, reward users with frequent player points and increasingly valuable rewards.
- Refer-a-Friend: Log in to DraftKings, visit your account area and grab your personal referral link. If your friends use that link to sign up for an account and deposit at least $25, you and your friends will each receive five $20 free bets.
- Free College Football Pick ‘Em Contest: During the most recent college football season, DraftKings introduced this free pick ‘em contest for all users with $70,000 in prizes up for grabs. All customers had to do was pick the winners from a slate of games each week, climb up the picks leaderboard and collect payouts ranging from $1,000 to $1.
DraftKings Indiana Mobile App
A dedicated DraftKings mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
The DraftKings mobile app is sleek and responsive despite packing quite a bit of functionality within. All in-play betting markets, live scoring updates, digital representations of the game itself and other features are accessible through the app just like they are at the actual DraftKings website.
iPhone users can visit the App Store and search for DraftKings Sportsbook while Android users can visit DraftKings.com for a direct download.
Mobile App Screenshots
Types of Wagers Available and Sports Covered
DraftKings Indiana has accepted wagers on all the major pro and college sports from day one. This includes wagers on Indiana college games except for in-play prop bets on individual college athletes as mandated by state law.
Indiana law also limits college wagers to NCAA Division I sports only. In other words, you’ll be able to bet on the Hoosiers but not on Division 2 events.
|Australian Rules||Baseball (MLB)||Basketball (NBA, WNBA, NCAA, FIBA World Cup)|
|Boxing||Cricket (ICC, Twenty20)||Cycling|
|Football (NFL, NCAA, CFL)||Hockey (NHL, KHL, World Championship)||MMA (UFC, Bellator)|
|Motorsports (NASCAR, Formula 1)||Rugby Union (World Cup, Six Nations)||Soccer (MLS, UEFA, World Cup and dozens of domestic leagues)|
|Tennis (ATP, WTA and ITF)|
Types of wagers accepted runs the full gamut of in-play betting, props, parlays, round robins and so on:
- Moneylines, point spreads and totals
- First team to score
- First player to score
- Winner after the 1st inning, first half, etc.
- Alternate lines and totals
- Player props and player stat totals
- Game parlays (example: STL Cardinals AND the over)
- In-play wagers
- Flash bets (short term in-play wagers that are settled during the game)
In-Play Betting Review
DraftKings Sportsbooks has a robust in-play betting platform with dozens of live events scheduled each day supported by numerous features such as live play calling, digital representations of what’s happening on the field and all manner of stats for each matchup.
Starting with the types of sports covered by in-play betting, the selection is best described as extensive. DraftKings in-play markets are offered for all the major sports of the world including NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA games along with tennis, soccer and even cycling.
Digging a little deeper, we find in-play betting markets are provided even for smaller events such as Czech Cup matches, lesser-known ITF tennis matches and other games not typically covered by the average sportsbook today.
The in-play interface also provides a number of features designed to give customers access to a wide range of information and statistics. For example, we can log in to DraftKings and visit an in-play tennis page to watch a digital representation of the tennis court complete with an animated tennis ball tracking every shot – even mapping where the ball lands on the court or bounces out of bounds.
In-play baseball and football events offer similar functionality. Live baseball betting pages at DraftKings provide graphics showing where pitches are landing in the strike zone while in-play football pages depict the outcome of each play and field position, for example.
Other features include live play-calling text feeds, head-to-head statistics and betting trends. This is one of the only sportsbooks to launch in the US to date in which you can stay truly up to date on the full picture of the game as it happens in real time even if you are nowhere near a TV.
Flash Bet Markets
The flash bet markets offered by DraftKings take in-play betting to a more granular level by offering wagers on even shorter segments of the current match with immediate payouts. Perhaps the most iconic example of a flash bet is the option to bet on the outcome of the current at-bat in an MLB game.
Other flash bet options include betting on who will score the next point in a tennis match or the outcome of the next play drive in an NFL game.
The key differences between flash bet markets and standard in-play betting is that flash bet markets are much shorter term in duration and they are resolved during the game – which keeps you in action from start to finish. This is opposed to standard in-play lines such as the game winner or point total, which are not settled until the game is over.
DraftKings Indiana Website
The DraftKings Sportsbook website offers the full sports betting experience for desktop and mobile users alike. Whether you’re at home on the desktop or would rather not download the app, you can head to DraftKings.com to log in, place wagers and manage your account like normal.
If you visit the mobile-friendly version of the website from a smartphone, be ready for near-constant reminders to download the app. You can still place bets without the app if you wish, but DraftKings is quite insistent on getting mobile users to download the official app. Aside from that, the mobile website works about as well as the actual app.
DraftKings Desktop Screenshots
- Visa and Mastercard: Fill out your 16-digit card number, expiration date, CVV and pick an amount to deposit for instant access to your betting funds. Depositing with a credit or debit card is no different than making an online purchase at Amazon.
- Online Banking: If you use one of the numerous banks supported by DraftKings, you can use your bank’s existing online banking feature to authorize a deposit. After you choose an amount to deposit, you will be taken to a secure page to login using your online banking information and confirm the deposit.
- PayPal: PayPal is the world’s largest e-wallet and is a convenient method to keep your sports betting bankroll separate from your other personal finances. You’ll need to sign up for an account at PayPal.com if you don’t already have one and then fund it via credit card, debit card or electronic bank transfer. From there, you can make deposits and receive cashouts from DraftKings.
- Skrill: Skrill operates in the same basic manner as PayPal. Sign up for a Skrill account, load it with funds and then pass those funds onto your DraftKings betting account.
- Play+ Prepaid Card: This is both an instant online deposit option and an actual debit card that you’ll receive in the mail. After you enroll online, you can fund your Play+ card electronically to make an instant deposit to DraftKings. You will also receive a card in the mail that you can use to withdraw funds at ATMs and make purchases anywhere Discover is accepted.