BetRivers parent company Rush Street Interactive is approved to offer sports betting in Indiana. We first saw BetRivers.com with the launch of mobile betting in Pennsylvania, and now the online gaming operator has received approval to open an online sportsbook in Indiana.
BetRivers Indiana is partnered with French Lick Casino to offer in-person and mobile betting to fans across the state. Parent company Rush Street Interactive is now active in multiple states and has earned a reputation for competitive lines and superior in-play betting (including live video in some cases).
- Legal and licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission
- Extensive in-play betting markets
- Live streaming of certain sports events
- Very reasonable 1x rollover requirement on the welcome bonus
- Could use more ongoing promotions
- A little short on deposit methods
The Indiana Gaming Commission issued a license to Rush Street Interactive in August 2019 and approved the company’s plans to work in tandem with French Lick Resort.
Although Rush Street is based out of Chicago, its partnership with French Lick Casino paved the way for its launch of BetRivers Indiana.
BetRivers Online launched in the Hoosier State on October 3rd, 2019 after receiving a go-live authorization from the Indiana Gaming Commission (ICG) certifying that BetRivers has “substantially demonstrated” it meets all licensing requirements to offer mobile betting in Indiana.
Rush Street Gaming and its subsidiary Rush Street Interactive have launched online sports betting in three states now. First was the launch of SugarHouse Online in New Jersey (to be later rebranded as Bet Rivers as well) and that was followed by BetRivers.com in Pennsylvania.
BetRivers and Rush Street Interactive have emerged as dark horses to become bigger players than expected in the regulated online gaming market. Prior to the launch of online betting, Rush Street Gaming was relatively unknown outside of its land-based casinos in Illinois, Pennsylvania and New York.
In 2018, the land-based casino operator spun off Rush Street Interactive to focus on mobile sports betting and partnered with the Kambi Group for the latter’s online gaming technology. The partnership has been fruitful, and Rush Street Interactive was crowned mobile operator of the year by EGR North America the next year.
With all that in mind, we offer today’s BetRivers Indiana review for our readers who have not yet had a chance to see this sportsbook in action here or in other states where it offers mobile betting.
- Visit BetRivers Indiana online at: www.betrivers.com
- Mobile App Available for: iOS and Android
- Indiana Licensing Status: Licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission to offer sports betting in partnership with French Lick Resort
- Can I bet on Indiana college games at BetRivers Online? Indiana sports betting law allows wagers on college games, including wagers on in-state college teams.
- Who can sign up for an account? BetRivers Indiana is located to customers 21+ who are physically present within Indiana lines. Customers do not need to be a state resident.
- Land-Based Casino Partner: French Lick Casino
BetRivers Indiana Bonus
100% up to $250 Deposit Bonus
BetRivers offers a 100% up to $250 first deposit bonus for all new Indiana customers.
All new customers can sign up for an account and use the bonus code 250MATCH to claim this offer. After doing so, BetRivers will match the first deposit with an equal amount in bonus funds for up to $250 extra.
The BetRivers bonus comes with reasonable terms and conditions as well with wagering requirements of just 1x. This means each customer must place a total sum of wagers equal to the bonus amount before withdrawing.
Claim your bonus today at: www.betrivers.com
Note: This bonus may only be claimed once per customer across all Rush Street Interactive sites. If you have already been to Pennsylvania, for example, and claimed the BetRivers bonus there, you will not be able to claim it again in Indiana.
To date, BetRivers has been a bit underwhelming in terms of additional promotions. The new customer deposit bonus is nice (and easy to clear), but hopefully the launch of additional betting sites in Indiana will spur the company to improve things on that end.
That being said, BetRivers does maintain an extensive loyalty program that provides frequent rewards all on its own.
iRush Rewards is a tiered VIP program based on wagering activity – the more a customer wagers, the bigger and more frequent the rewards. As customers place wagers and move up through the VIP program, increasingly valuable perks such as birthday gifts, invitations to VIP events and large bonuses are unlocked.
BetRivers Indiana Mobile App
The Rivers Indiana app is available for Android users today and will be launched soon for iOS users. In the meantime, iPhone users can point their browser to in.betrivers.com to bet online through the mobile-friendly website.
Nevertheless, we still have an idea of what to expect from the BetRivers Indiana iOS app by taking a look at the BetRivers mobile website in Pennsylvania.
The following screenshots come from the BetRivers mobile website, but the iOS app will largely look the same.
BetRivers Indiana Wagering Types
BetRivers Indiana is allowed by state law to offer the full range of common sports wagers. This includes wagers such as:
- Point spreads
- Money lines
- Game props, team props and player props
- In-play betting
Additionally, BetRivers stands out from the pack with the occasional pick ‘em contest offering large cash prizes. For example, a recent NFL pick ‘em contest held by Bet Rivers worked like this:
- Buy in for $150 to compete for a piece of a $500,000 prize pool
- Pick the winners of Sunday and Monday NFL games each week
- Weekly $2,500 prize paid to the fan with the highest score
- Season-long winners earned payouts of $125,000 for first place, $40,000 for second place and on down to $175 for 500th place
The list of sports covered by BetRivers is best described as comprehensive. Wagers on all professional sports from the US and abroad are accepted, along with wagers on college games.
The current list includes:
- Basketball: NBA, NCAAB, WNBA, Spanish League, FIBA World Cup
- Tennis: ATP, WTA, ITF, Grand Slams, Laver Cup
- Soccer: England (EPL, League 1, League 2), Champions League, World Cup, MLS, Germany (Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga) and many more international/country-specific leagues
- Australian Rules
- Baseball: MLB, NCAA
- Cricket: ICC, Super League, County Championship
- Football: NFL, NCAAF, CFL
- Golf: PGA, LPGA, European Tour, Presidents Cup
- Handball: Champions League, European Championship, World Championship
- Hockey: NHL, NCAA, Champions Hockey League, Swedish Hockey League
- Motorsports: Formula 1, IndyCar, NASCAR, Motorcycling
- Rugby League: NRL, NRLW, Super League
- Rugby Union: International, World Cup, Six Nations
Bet Rivers In-Play Betting
In-play betting is a strong point at BetRivers.
Customers can log in to BetRivers.com or launch the app and look for the big “live right now” button to see a list of events that are in progress right now or that will be starting soon.
BetRivers hosts live betting markets for numerous events every day, including every game of the main US leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB) plus international events, tennis, golf and more.
Types of in-play wagers accepted include game outcome bets, half time/inning/quarter results, totals, player specials and races (first to 2 touchdowns, first to 3 runs, etc.).
Instant betting offers even shorter-term markets such as whether or not the next batter will make it to first base.
The in-play interface is a bit simplistic as it lacks a virtual representation of what’s happening on the field of play. However, up-to-date stats and scoring information is provided on the in-play platform.
BetRivers.com Indiana Website
The BetRivers.com website accepts wagers from any desktop or mobile device for those of you who would prefer not to download an app. If you visit from a desktop, you’ll get the full experience as shown in the screenshots below. The website is also mobile-friendly and functions as a workable alternative while Rush Street Interactive puts the finishing touches on its iOS app.
The overall experience is roughly the same through the website as it is for mobile users. A simple navigation menu along the left side of the BetRivers homepage allows customers to sort wagers by sport, view promotions and see their betting history.
BetRivers Website Screenshots
BetRivers Indiana launched with three deposit methods but is likely to add more as time passes. In other states, BetRivers even offers an option to pay with cash at its partner casino (that would be French Lick in this case).
In the meantime, here’s how players can fund their accounts online:
- Credit and Debit Cards: Credit and debit card deposits are accepted at BetRivers, although some banks still block all online gambling transactions. If your credit card deposit is declined, online banking and the Play+ card are strong alternatives.
- BetRivers Play+ Card: This is a free, prepaid debit card attached to your BetRivers account balance. After you register, you can deposit instantly by funding your virtual Play+ card via credit, debit or ACH transfer. You will also receive a physical card in the mail that can be used for cash withdrawals and to make purchases anywhere Discover is accepted.
- PayNearMe: Fund your account with actual, physical cash with this method. Select PayNearMe from the deposit menu, choose an amount and download or print the pay slip. Take that slip to your nearest 7-Eleven or other retail location to pay with cash.